Billings Man Robert Andrew Eklund, Arrested And Charged For Strangulation and Criminal Destruction Of Communication Device

December 26, 2018









Montana News Disclaimer:  One of the most sacred principles in the American criminal justice system, holding that a defendant is innocent until proven guilty. In other words, the prosecution must prove, beyond a reasonable doubt, each essential element of the crime charged.  Until then the defendant is considered innocent of the charges.


By: Donald Cyphers Investigative reporter

Syndicated by: Montana News

Billings man Robert Andrew Eklund, arrested and charged with Strangulation of a family member his first Offense and Criminal Destruction of a Communication Device, (2) counts.

On Christmas day at about 12:17 a.m. Police were sent to a home in the 3100 block of St.John Ave for what was described by dispatch as a disturbance in progress.

Billings Police Officer Weston III responded.   The 911 Comm Center advised Officers that a young boy was making the call and dispatch could hear screaming and yelling in the background.

As Officer Weston III and Officer Kirkpatrick arrived at the home they could hear screaming coming from the inside of the house.

A man that Police later identified as Robert Andrew Eklund walked out of the house.    Eklund walked onto the lawn area in front of the home and stated to the approaching officers that "You might as well put me in cuffs."

Robert Eklund stated to the Billings Police that he and his wife had been in a verbal argument and that it was "nothing."

Eklund refused to go into detail any further.

Billings Police Officer Weston III then entered the home and saw a female sitting in the living room on a couch.  She was identified as R.E. 


R.E. was crying and was upset. 


R.E. had redness in her cheeks and the base of her neck and the upper area of her chest.   She stated to Officer Weston III that her husband and she had gotten into a verbal argument about the messy living room. 


 R.E. walked back to the bedroom followed by her husband who then suddenly attacked her from behind by putting his hands around her neck and her throat.    

Eklund then pushed her on to the bed and crawled on top of her.   Robert Ecklund then started to choke her for at least 30-40 seconds.


This caused her to not be able to breathe at all.  She was fearful that she would die and that he would not stop until she was dead.

R.E. then clawed at Roberts' face and was finally able to get away. 


Both R.E and Robert Ecklund have been married for  5 years and according to R.E., this was not the first time that there was violence in the home.   She just never reported it before.

Billings Police then spoke to the 9-year-old minor boy who stated that he heard cursing at his mother and then heard loud thumps so he went to go check it out.  His 10-year-old sister was on the phone to 911 but their dad, (Robert) grabbed the phone and disconnected the call.   The 9-year-old boy also called 911 and he was able to get that call out to the 911.


This article was published by: Donald Cyphers Investigative reporter License# USPA-ID-US/VI-01/29995

                                                                                                             License# AINS-ID-80896CYP 

                                                                                                             License# USPRESS-ID-80896CYP

                                                                                                             License# IWGP-ID-74810-CYP-18




Please reload

Featured Posts

Billings Police Ratings

December 27, 2019

Please reload

Recent Posts

January 21, 2020

Please reload

Search By Tags

I'm busy working on my blog posts. Watch this space!

Please reload

Follow Us
  • Facebook Classic
  • Twitter Classic