By: Donald Cyphers Investigative reporter
Syndicated by: Montana News
Billings Mt.,--//MNA Press//-- 10 candidates have thrown their hat into the political ring, all with expectations of becoming the next ward #4 Councilman that has a remaining term of (2) years that former Councilman Ryan Sullivan was electe to.
Former Councilman Ryan Sullivan was forced to give up his city councilman seat due to his employment obligations that required him to move.
In a brief summary, the Montana News wants to highlight areas of each candidate. First Ward #4 Candidate is:
James M. (Mike) Boyett, Boyett states that he has lived in Billings as a “life-long” resident of Billings. James Boyett and his family live at 2503 Burlwood Drive.
2. Boyett is interested in filling the Ward 4 vacancy and feels that he is qualified for the position of Councilman Ward#4.
3. Boyett is a former Law Enforcement Officer serving from 1975-1984 for the Yellowstone County Sheriff Department as a Patrol Officer and then becoming a Detective before his retirement.
4. Boyett has filled multiple positions in the community such as serving on the Billings Crime Prevention Council for 5 years and two of those years as Chairman.
5. Boyett served as Billings Police Commission for 7 years and then two of those years as Chairman.
6. Boyett filled the Yellowstone County Board of Adjustments for about one year then served as Yellowstone County youth Services for 6 years 2 years of those 6 were as Chairman.
7. Boyett served as Billings Zoning Commission for 6 years and is currently serving as the Vice- Chairman.
8. Currently Boyett is serving on the City/County Planning Project RE: Code: new committee, and is currently Vice Chairman.
9. Mike served as a U.S. Air Force, 2nd Lieutenant from 1972-1975 he has taken the ultimate duty of service to his country.
10. James M. (Mike) Boyett has listed as two of his references as John Ostlund, Yellowstone County Commissioner and Former Mayor Chuck Tooley.