Syndicated by: Montana News
1. On Friday, July 29, 2016, at approximately 1834 hours, Cody Police Officers were dispatched to the Irma Hotel, 1192 Sheridan Ave. Cody, Wyoming to assist the West Park Hospital Ambulance unit with 3 people that had been stuck by some type of fragments from the Gunfighter’s show on 12th Street.
2. When the officers arrived they found three victims who had sustained minor injuries. One victim, a 22 year old male from New York, was treated and released at the scene.
The other two victims, a 37 year old male and his 3 year old daughter from Minnesota, were transported by private vehicle to West Park Hospital, where they were treated and released with minor injuries.
3. Cody Police Officers and Detective Ron Parduba secured the scene, recovered evidence and obtained statements from victims, actors, and witness bystanders. The prop weapons used were inspected and taken as evidence.
4. All parties were cooperative. The investigation is ongoing. This case will be reviewed with Park County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office.
5. The City of Cody has temporarily suspended the “Cody Gunfighters” ability to discharge any firearms during the theatrical mock gunfighter performances.